Home > Advice > Doctors and nurses please response?

Doctors and nurses please response?

October 18th, 2013

Question by AJ: Medical professionals and nurses please answer?

ok, for the past 3 many years i have had heart “problems”. i’ve been to the hospital 3 occasions, and they’ve carried out x rays and ekg’s but mentioned that they all demonstrate up standard. they said i do have a slight abnormal heart beat, and that my left atrium ( i think thats what its called) had enlarged. but they explained they discovered no complications? although they said i should go see a professional, but my insurance ran out prior to i could. i am having these pains right now, they arent serious soreness, but more of discompfort and my left arm gets numb and heavy, but that all took place the three previous instances. so is there one thing wrong? i do suffer from anxiety, but they stated that probably isnt the issue b/c of what they identified on the ekg (the enlargement of the atrium) so please if you can give me any advice whatsoever i would really actually value it.
oh im 19 by the way, it commenced on and off considering that i was 16.
thank you alexandriagirl. i apprectiate the prayers 🙂

Ideal solution:

Reply by Alexandriagal
I am sorry that you aren’t feeling nicely, honey. Please go see a physician! That doesn’t sound excellent. Please get some aid for your pain and nervousness.

I pray you will get much better, but DO see a doctor.

Add your very own answer in the remarks!

Be Sociable, Share!
Categories: Advice Tags: , , ,
  1. Gray W
    October 18th, 2013 at 17:49 | #1

    Not a Doctor or a Nurse, but was on the front lines of EMS for over 20 years.

    You have stated that you have a cardiac condition, then you describe the classic signs of angina/heart attack. GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!!

    Either that or before you know it you will have someone doing chest compressions on you.

  2. G1rL1nLA
    October 18th, 2013 at 17:56 | #2

    Most importantly you should see the specialist who can most likely give you a better answer. I understand with no insurance it seems impossible but it is your life, get a payment plan if you must, parents? grandparents? are you in college? go to the clinic at your school, but they willprobably tell you the same “see a specialiat.”

    That aside….

    Since you are young they probably do not think heart attack or heart disease, since they are more common in older people.
    Mitral valve insufficiency or stenosis? abnormal heart beat, enlarged atrium, chest pain….maybe
    If you did not have the enlarged atrium I would think it was your anxiety (heart pain common).
    Obviously there is something else since physically there is a sign. Search for “Transitory Benign Chest Wall Pain” through google.com

    There are two good sites wrongdiagnosis.com and ivillage.com, one has a board with other people asking a similar question like yourself the other has a symptom-possible diagnosis finder.

    One more thing look up Metabolic Syndrome..

    I am a nurse but with your age and those symptoms there is so much more to know about you before a doctor can diagnose…past illness, do you smoke, overweight, etc….That is what a specialist will figure out.

  3. Answers is run by hippocrites
    October 18th, 2013 at 17:57 | #3

    Dude, anxiety is a killer. Go to a free clinic and talk to a doctor about exercise and maybe some meditation or relaxation courses. If the anxiety is really bad, you may need to talk to your doctor about medication.

    Let me tell you; I know from experience that anxiety can wreak havoc upon your heart. It can cause atrial fibrillation and other arrhythmia.

  4. jcrs0421
    October 18th, 2013 at 18:19 | #4

    Can you breathe okay? Are you short of breath? As young as you are, it is hard to say what is going on, however, if you just went into the er, then as good as they are, you must see a specialist. An enlarged anything in the heart of a 16-18 year old girl is not normal and must be addressed. I know that it is not cheap, but one of the ways to get this paid for is through medicaid. I know that for some people this can be an embarrassment, especially a young girl like yourself, however, this is your future, and with medicine the way it is now, it has a high probability of being fixed. You owe this to yourself and those who love you to get this checked out. I am a nurse in cardiology and I am the last person who ever wants to go to see a doctor, but honey, you gotta go. You have had a diagnosis of a problem. If you can, try to get a copy of your ekg and your medical records-they release them to you. Then call a cardiologist and ask for a consultation. It will cost you some money but at least they can review your records and let you know what some options are. Hope you feel much better and I pray you find a way to take care of this.

Comments are closed.